December 13, 2012

DIY: Illuminating Tinted Moisturiser

A
Products: Nivea Express hydration Primer (for dry skin), No7 Skin Illuminator in Peach, Benefit High Beam, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair and Real Techniques foundation brush.

I am not a foundation girl, I never have been. I used to have very good skin throughout my teens, so apart from a brief love affair with Maybelline's Dream Matte mousse, I never really used much. I bought The Body Shop's Extra Virgin Minerals Foundation about a year ago. I did enjoy using it, but most days I forgot/didn't have time to incorporate it into my routine. However I did manage to use it all up, and rather than purchase another, I've been on the lookout for something better.

I like the look of Bourjois Healthy Mix serum, but unfortunately not even the lightest shade matches my skin tone. I really like the look of YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat and I think either B10/BR10 would be a good match for me, but Yves Saint Laurent is a little out of my price range.

I'm still hunting for something that meets my needs - light, illuminating and pale - but in the mean time I've come up with my own concoction for days when I want a little more than a touch of concealer.

On the back of my hand I swatch about three swipes of Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer, then add a dab of Benefit's High Beam, pat on a smidgen of No7 Skin Illuminator in Peach (I've decanted this into a travel put because I hate using the brush!), and finally mix it all together with a drop of Nivea's Express Hydration Primer. This makes a nice tinted moisturiser type base which is brightening and give me a very light coverage. The beauty of this is that you could mix it to whatever coverage you like, swap the primer for your moisturiser if you like, or take out the concealer if you just want an illuminating layer under your usual base.

SAM_4256-001

x



2 comments:

jannatul12 said...

You look stunning..
BTW I have nominated you for the liebster award. hope you'll check it out
http://jannatul12.blogspot.com/2013/01/late-liebster-award-thanks-guys.html

Inez said...

You have gorgeous skin and don't need foundation! Love the look you created, nice DIY ;), xoxo.