October 08, 2010

Yummy Winter Drinks

Well, Winters definately approacing. Its freezing and i have a cold. So i have come up with some nice cures for both, in the form of yummy hot drinks.

1. Hot Chocolate
Ok, so this isn't really my idea, but its my..recipe.
Heat up some milk (in 45 sec bursts) for about a 1 1/2 mins.
Then stir in a couple of teaspoons of honey.
Put back in the microwave and watch carefully until it begins to boil.
Put in a heaped teaspoon of cocoa powder, stir and then add 1-3 teaspoons of sugar according to taste. (remember you've already put in some honey which makes it sweeter)
Then I added a dash of ginger and cinnamon powder.

Voila, lovely hot chocolate to soothe your throat.

2. Spicy Honey Milk
Heat up some milk as in Hot Chocolate Recipe.
Again stir in a couple of teaspoons of honey.
Heat up in the microwave (This does not nessecarily need to boil but is nice quite hot)
Add in some sugar (as there is no bitter cocoa powder you will need very little sugar)
Add a dash of ginger (cinnamon if you like), and enjoy :)

Lovely, tasty and a cure for a sore throat (although that may just be my wishful thinking)

I've also decided to start posting recipes for cooking as i thought it'd be a good idea to start cooking something new every week for my family, to get my cooking skills up to scratch and prepare myself for uni!! Exciting stuff. And i have a lovely new chocolate cake recipe, but i'll post these later. I'm thinking about starting a new blog where i have more control over my layout.

x

No comments: