June 20, 2012

Vintage Floral Nails & Tutorial

DSC_0030-002

I've been watching the newest series of Mad Men and as it always does, inevitably it has put me in a dreamy state where I can't help but bake pretty cupcakes, listen to The Shirelles, Etta James and currently this song. Episode of mad men also make me want to paint my nails in pretty pastilles with dots, strips and flowers. So I did, and the following are the results and an easy tutorial if you're also feeling inspired by all things Betty Draper and 60's.

DSC_0026-001

tutorial

First I painted the base colour on my nails, alternating between Ciaté 'Purple Sherbet' and Essie 'Mint Candy Apple' . Then I dotted Sally Hansen 050 'White on White' over my nails leaving one as an accent nail which I painted flowers on.

To create the flowers

1. With a dotting tool or toothpick, dot five little splodges joining at the centre.

2. Dot a different colour in the centre (I used Leighton Denny 'Plush Pink').

3. With a little brush (you could use an old clean eyeliner brush) paint green leaves between some of the petals (I used Essie 'Turquoise & Caicos').

Easy peasy, I think this would look equally as cute with stripes instead of dots or even flowers on all nails. Good luck!

DSC_0021-001

DSC_0029-002DSC_0024-001

DSC_0019-001
...couldn't resist posting this picture!

x



No comments: