February 20, 2011

House of Holland

I think it's safe to say that Henry Holland puts the Granny in Granny Chic. With models literally wearing things that my Granny has knitted for me, matchy-matchy twinsets and socks, and jumpsuits printed with bingo balls, you would imagine that the HOH show was a bit of a flop in Henrys current streak. But you'd be wrong. Somehow the collection is "fun and sexy". Teaming silk + lace slips with baggy jumpers and twin sets and a pair of platforms Henry avoided a look of models playing dress up and created something very chic - his best collection to date.

 

Henry incorporated this seasons latest trends; colour blocking, brights and mad men tailoring.

"Our girl is too young to wear a pearl necklace so we beaded them on to her dress and made it sexy," - Henry Holland

 

 

  I really hope that the high-
  street recreate the indecent
  sweatshirts - I really want one,
  although I'm not sure that it fits in
  with my schools 'business dress' rules.
  I'm dying to get a pair of those candy
  striped socks too!

 

 

 

 

 

Images courtesy og Glamourmagazine.co.uk

x

No comments: