January 18, 2011

Marchesa: Spring Summer 2011

As promised, a post on the lovely Marchesa. I adore the 2011 collection Marchesa is famed for fabulously lavish red carpet looks and they’re keeping up the reputation without a doubt. The whole collection is brimming with trends and endearing features: ruffles, pleats, draped chiffon, lace, cut-outs, ombre, sheer peek-a-boo’s, embroidery and lots of ruffles.
My father described one dress as “It looks like she’s gone out wearing a towel” this was immediately after he criticised Burberry's trench coats; clearly the man has no idea what he’s talking about!

Here is an assortment of sweet Marchesa dresses…

image

image

imageOk, I know that this one is pretty silly and it looks like someone has made a dress out of a cross between doily's and paper snowflakes – but I like doily’s and paper snowflakes!

image

image

image

image

Images courtesy of Vogue.co.uk
Apologies for saying the word Marchesa at least twice as much as necessary, I just love the word, don’t  you think it’s cute? I can’t stop saying it! Marchesa, Marchesa, Marchesa!

x

No comments: