February 02, 2012

Product Review: Bourjois little round pot blush

I haven't bought a Bourjois product in a very long time, which is a shame because I love the brand and I've loved the 'little round pots' since I was a little girl and 'borrowed' my mothers. The shadows and blushes just look like pearls in their tiny pots.

b

I bought Bourjois little round pot blush in 54 Rose Frisson which is a peachy pink with a slight coral tone - perfect on my very pale freckled skin.
Inside the pot is a little mirror which you could use on the go but it's so tiny I think you'd have trouble applying any make up - at an arms length I can't even see half of my face.
It also comes with a little brush that fits inside the pot. I was expecting this to be fairly awful but it actually works very well and makes it easy to apply the blush to the apples on your cheeks. Be warned: I wouldn't keep this inside the pot though as it collects a lot of product and you could easily end up having a Bridget Jones moment while trying to apply blusher in the back of a taxi!

ad

Application: when I tried to test this on my arm to take pictures of how well it applied I could barely get anything to show up  but when applying on my cheeks it came out very well. In fact the first time I used this I put far too much on. I would say that it's reasonably pigmented.
I had a nice surprise applying this blush because it smells gorgeous! It has a very sweet floral/musky scent which makes me smile in the morning.

fe
Product applied with brush (left) and finger (right), in artificial lighting (left) and bright sunlight (right).

c

This product has been out for a long time (since 1863 according to Bourjois' website!) but if you needed any more reassurance I'd definitely recommend buying it. The baked powder gives good colour, smells gorgeous, comes with a useful brush. It's £7.49 at boots which I think is worth it.

x



No comments: