March 24, 2012

Product Review: Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo

b
Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoo Eyeshadow in '35-On and on Bronze'

I'm a little slow on the uptake on this product, I know it's been reviewed very well all over the internet already and I can see why.

The product is a 'gel-cream' eyeshadow. It's in cream form in the pot and on your brush (or finger) but turns to a powder when applied onto your eyelids. This works really well for lots of reasons - it's very hard to get too much product on the brush, it's impossible to let any shadow fall where you don't want it, and it has mega staying power.

ac

The shadow applies really well and easily. I swatched it on my arm with my finger and a brush and there was no difference, but I think it's easier to apply with a brush because you only want to get this shadow where you want it as it's hard to get off again.

I was a little worried about the colour because it looked a really deep shimmery bronze when swatched on my arm but it didn't look as bold as I expected on my eyelid. It's actually a very easy to wear everyday tone - even on my pale skin.

The staying power of this shadow might be it's best quality. I swatched four colours on my arm in boots and even though I've had cardigan sleeves rubbing on it all day the shadows haven't budged a bit (see why you have to be careful when applying!). Even rubbing with a wet finger doesn't remove any product. When I applied it to my eyes I didn't use a primer and it's also stayed on really well - so it's perfect for a night out.

Removing it isn't too hard though, I've only removed the swatched from my arm, I've not tried my eyes yet, but it seems to come off quite easily, less so than most eyeshadow, but you don't need to scrub your skin.

The only disappointment I have with this product is that you can't really build it up, but if you want a heavier look the shadow works really well with a base for other shadows. I think you could create a really amazing metallic smoky eye with this.

fe

The shadow is currently £4.09 in boots (if it's not already sold out!) who also have a 3 for 2 offer on almost everything!

x



No comments: