July 29, 2012

Boots Botanics Purifying Face Scrub ALL BRIGHT

SAM_2320-001

I picked up this face scrub on a whim, I was um-ing and ah-ing about it at the counter thinking, do I really need this? But I am so pleased that I did because I love it! I'm a big fan of the Botanics range and although I'm not sure on the new packaging I really love the appearance of this scrub. It's bright and summery and it popped out at me on the shelves.

The exfoliator contains 'refining walnut shell' and crushed apricot seeds to buff away dead skin and impurities, and hibiscus to brighten skin. I also noticed that there is Shea butter is listed in the ingredients along with almond oil and cocoa seed butter which are all most welcome on my dry skin.

Out of the tube it feels creamy with sandy like grains, but it doesn't feel harsh on your skin. I like to use this daily (although it is recommended only every 2-3 days) on top of my cleansing balm just around my t-zone. Then once every 2-3 days I will use it all over my face after washing off my cleansing balm. As soon as I wash this off my face my skin feels incredibly smooth, even before I dry my face my wet skin feels velvety soft to touch and I immediately noticed that any areas with spots felt less bumpy.
Because of this super soft feeling, I was a bit disappointed when looked in the mirror to find that my spots looked just the same as before, but after just a few uses the red bumpy area around my nose (that I've had for years!) has become less red and smoother which is a miracle really. Does anybody else have areas of skin which aren't really spotty but come up in red spot-like bumps?

All in all this is my new favourite scrub, it leaves my skin astonishingly soft and smooth and is helping to clear any spots that I have. The only downside is that I haven't noticed any brightening effect, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest considering it's other wonderful attributes.

The Purifying Face Scrub is currently available in boots at 1/3rd off for just £2.66, bargain!

SAM_2332-002SAM_2335-002

x



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought this today I hope it works well for me I want something to make my skin look healthy and happy