July 21, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains

SAM_2023-001

I have been eagerly waiting for the release of Revlon's Kissable Balm stains from the moment I discovered them and the good new s is, that I can safely say they are worth the wait.

The Kissable Balm Stains are a crayon like stick and although they look waxy and feel hard, they apply like a dream. The packaging is simple and elegant, and looks expensive due to the silver detailing. There is no need for sharpening, instead you just wind the product up. I was a little disappointed when I wound it up fully to fiund that the actual amount of products is far less than the size of the tube, in face it's less than half! However, you get about the same as you would in a standard lipstick and I think it will last me a long time as I have been wearing this a lot and haven't had to wind it up yet.

The Kissable Balm Stain feels just like a balm, it's lightweight and moisturising, but there is a good colour payoff. I chose the colour Honey and expected it to be just a touch darker than my lips, and it can be, but it can also be a deeper stain if you want it too. Once the balm wears off the stain is left behind, which is brilliant because if you want to add more colour you can swipe on a little more of the Kissable Balm Stain, but if you just want a little more moisture then you could use any old balm over the stain - this is another reason I think the balm will last me a long time, because there is no need to keep reapplying.

The scent of the Kissable Balm Stain is a little odd. I think that Megan of Lipssofacto got it right when she likened the scent to indigestion tablets, they do smell softly minty and a little chalky. Personally I don't mind the scent, I think it's subtle and don't notice it when it's on my lips, but definitely check if you do before you buy one because you'll be wearing it under your nose all day so if it bothers you that's a big problem.

SAM_2028-001SAM_2031-001

All in all, I love the Kissable Balm Stains, I think that they are somewhat a lipstick revolution. They are everything I want in a lipstick without the flaws. There's no constant worrying of them wearing off in the middle or smudging over my face like there is when wearing a lipstick, and they are 10x easier to wear than a traditional lip stain because they aren't at all drying, the colour doesn't cling to the cracks in your lips (I know this is a problem for dry-lipped girls like me) and it's super easy to apply. I can't wait to go out and buy some more!

DSC_0008DSC_0014-001

Revlon Kissable Balm Stains are £7.99 each but are currently at an introductory price of £5.99 In Superdrug & Boots.

x



1 comment:

Naomi Gabriella said...

Am definitely going to be picking one up soon. I just can't decide which colour I want to be my first ... Nx

www.londonramblers.blogspot.co.uk